21 Most Embarrassing Property Manager Moments

Most Embarrassing PM Moments

What has been your most embarrassing moment as a Property Manager?

We’ve all had them, and the comments on this page are from fellow Property Managers that TOOK A BIG RISK and shared their most embarrassing moments with us.

And what COMEDY some of these are! 

Continue reading
53 Hits
0 Comments

14 TOP Tricks Tenants Play at the Final Inspection

smart-employees-trick-boss

As a property manager, 10% of final move out or exit inspections are clean, straight forward and complication free. However that leaves 90% that are a little complicated to somewhat downright time consuming, full of conflict and stressful as tenants battle for their bond in the face of unsatisfactory issues not addressed at the property and monies left with rent owing, etc.

And tenants playing tricks are all part of the headaches we experience aside from the usual and well scripted ‘but it’s cleaner now than when I first moved in’ tenant line.

Continue reading
245 Hits
0 Comments

Eight HOT TIPS for using Social Media for Tenant Application Processing

Eight HOT TIPS with using Social Media for Tenant Application Processing

There is no denying that the use of Social Media has completely taken over the internet. People are quick and willing to place their entire lives online, for all to see on a public level.

For tenant application processing, there is certainly debate about whether we should use this tool to ‘judge’ an applicant.

Continue reading
39 Hits
0 Comments

If I Only Had a Dollar For Every Time I Heard...

if-I-only-had-a-dollar

There are many 'common', albeit ridiculous things that we hear over and over in Property Management. We asked our Facebook audience to share their favourites with you for your entertainment. Some will make you laugh and others will make you cringe. Enjoy.

Continue reading
1437 Hits
0 Comments

13 Top Stress-Relief Tips for Property Managers

13 Top Stress-Relief Tips for Property Managers

There’s no doubt that property management is a tough and stressful job. In several training sessions I’ve had people that have worked previously as Emergency Response Nurses, Police Officers and even Correctional Facility Officers and all of them said that property management is more stressful than these demanding roles.

Continue reading
40 Hits
0 Comments

Top 14 Tricks Tenants Play at Routine Inspections

Top 14 Tricks Tenants Play at Routine Inspections

We all agree that the majority of our tenants will do the right thing at a rental property. But there are a select few who will want to hide behaviour that’s contrary to their lease conditions. That’s why we must conduct regular routine inspections.

Continue reading
307 Hits
0 Comments

Essential Survival